• Book reviews
  • My crushed words

    My crushed words

    Like us

    Life's too short to leave the important words unsaid!! consider things left unsaid and my thoughts unexpressed that may be valuable to u...& I promise you will have precious time !!!

    Saturday 31 December 2016

    Resolution of the year 2017!!




    "The character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed."


                                                       
    Let’s hope”
    “Let’s see”
    “I’ll give a try”
    “I’ll try”
    These are the phrases that have become a part of my daily vocabulary. My mother implores, “Won’t you give a second thought?”

    Again my obvious answer will be, “I’ll try”

    I don’t even have the inkling of the implications of using these deadly phrases. My mother warns me that these words will have a serious impact on my behaviour & attitude. She used to curse it as the most disempowering words that my tongue rolls out often.

    Whenever I use these words in situations where clear decisions are being desperate of, I get a lecture from her for half an hour at least! And I say it because I want to be polite so as not to hurt the other person. But she alleged that this dishonest statement will weaken me & turn against me one or the other day!



    She believes that there are only two options for anything in life either we take action or don’t and, ironically scolds me that I have a clever mind & smart enough to create one more path which is fuzzy and unclear and that is to say the directionless statement, “I’ll try”. She at times yells me like I have a cunning mind avoiding commitments by preferring to sit on the wall without taking any stand on the matter so that can jump the either side.

    She emphatically and authoritatively concludes that “I’ll try” is the sure way to stagnation and progress comes of clarity that is clear “Yes” or “No”. So, I’m not going to tell, “I’ll try “again but just going to do it taking a clear resolution and thereby implement from 2017.
    For those who are with the same attitude, “I’ll try “attitude (escapism attitude of mine), I have broken my mind and gathered the lectures of my mother & have shortlisted for you. It will be better for you too, to take a resolution after a complete justification and satisfaction as well.

    "You say “I’ll try “means, your mind has already put the issue in the back-burner. It has become the last priority.”I’ll try “mode is a disempowering state of mind, resulting from insufficient motivation & power. The mind may develop a laid-back attitude. It shifts the attitude to a low-key mode assuring non-committal state. Being in such non-committal states of mind will weaken us over a period of time. It shows your inability to take a risk. It keeps your self-image intact  & this is the self-deception at its worst.
    The only way of being powerful & in control of life is to be committed, which means by saying either “Yes” or “No”, and not 
    “I’ll try”. Commitment is a source of personal power & without it, self- mastery can never be achieved.
    Well, you may ask about certain situations where you cannot give a commitment. In that case, Say”No”.That is also empowering because you’re clear in your mind that you cannot do it. There is no dishonesty here. To say
    ,” I’ll try” when you know in your heart that you’re not going to lift a finger is inauthentic. But doing it as a daily job will have serious repercussions in the long run.
    In case if you can tell “Yes” or “No”, state the exact factual position you are subjected to. There will be no ambiguity here for both when the spaces are clear. Real power comes when you say “Yes” 
    against all odds and in doing it.
    The chances of success are far better when you come from an empowering space. Even if you don’t succeed at first, keep coming from the empowering space of commitment, again & again, no matter how long it takes. The only thing that ultimately matters, in the long run, is the space where you come from”


    But that’s right! An ambivalent mind is a hesitating mind, unsure of itself. Hence, I have decided to take this resolution for the year 2017 & Swathi will no more have a disempowering state of mind, no insufficient motivation, no laid back attitude, no non-committal state & particularly no escapism!!(he ..he..). 
    With smiles.....
    Swathi 💚
    (Investing myself completely in the art of living)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment